Black & Blue Paisley Corduroy Journal

Tuesday, December 8, 2015

I am a very tactile person, especially when it comes to crafting. So covering a book in corduroy fabric was quite a treat for me.
Size: 4" x  5.25"
# of Sections: 15, with 4 folios each 
# of Pages: 240
Stitches: Kettle, Coptic, French Link over Tapes
Closure: 1/4" Elastic
Cover Material: Corduroy Fabric
Thread: Linen
It is bound with Coptic and French Link Stitches over grosgrain ribbon. I'm not sure I've mentioned it before, but I always wax my thread before stitching with it. It keeps it from tangling as easy, and helps the stitches, and especially the knots, to stay put.
I love the high contrast of the paisley designs with the black background.
The colored text paper matched the fabric design perfectly, and I already had it on-hand. That probably won't happen too often.
I usually sell all my handmade books, but this one might be a keeper, if only for the yummy covers!

Thanks for stopping by, and have a fabulous week!

~Hugs,
Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.

1 comment :

Leslie Miller said...

Ohhhh, love the corduroy! This must feel wonderful. You have honed this art to perfection, Cheryl. How lovely to have found what seems to be such a perfect outlet for your creativity. Beautiful!