Coptic Stitch Journal

Sunday, April 26, 2015

Just a quick post here of a Coptic Stitch Journal I made since attending a bookbinding class a few weeks ago.
The front and back covers have a Yuzen-Shi Washi paper called Red and Silver Waves on it that I bought at the last stamp convention I was at in Lawrenceville. The part of the design that looks tan in the photo is actually a shiny silvery-gold--just gorgeous!

I stitched the book together using Coptic Stitch binding and hemp. Hemp works well, but I prefer using linen thread because it doesn't get fuzzy, but the linen is on order, so I went with what I had.

I'll have another post soon with photos of the set of books I made at a week-long bookbinding bootcamp. 

~Hugs,
Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.

1 comment :

Conniecrafter said...

Beautiful paper for your cover!