It's No Fun :(

Monday, June 9, 2014

I don't usually make scenes on my cards, but I couldn't resist this sweet stamp and die set from My Favorite Things. And, it was perfect for my daughter's friend, who just had her tonsils removed, and is feeling a little puny today. :(
The background is Bo Bunny paper. I don't have a grass die, so I used a punch and some fun green chevron paper to make a grassy border. The images, from the Let's Hang Out stamp set, are colored with Copics and cut with the coordinating dies. You can't tell in the picture, but I embossed the tire with a stylus from the back and glued it with 3D glue, giving it a rounded look and feel. The shoes are scuffed with a white gel pen, I gave her overalls a denim look with colorless blender and a piece of denim, and added texture to her hat with terry cloth.
I used a cloud stencil from Inky Antics to sponge the clouds on the inside of the card, added another punched border, and stamped the sentiment and smiley face with stamps from a Hero Arts sentiment set.

Thanks for stopping by, and have a wonderful week!

Get well, Jayden!

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
TCP Tuesday #267: Anything Goes
Paper Issues: The World is a Circle
613 Avenue Create: Anything Goes/Best Friends Day
Sentimental Sundays Challenge 210: Anything Goes

~Hugs,

Supplies Used:

Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.

5 comments :

Sheila H said...

The many details make your card a real standout - nice design and texture. Your colors are vibrant and lively. Thanks for stopping by 613 Avenue Create with your cute card.

Nancy Thomas said...

Such a sweet scene. Gorgeous card.

Leslie Miller said...

Awww, that's perfect and it's so sweet! She'll smile in spite of her misery, poor thing.

Heather Rogers said...

This is so sweet, Cheryl! Her friend will love this card. Your coloring is fabulous. :)

verybellemakes said...

Love this card! It's so bright and eyecatching! Thank you for joining the Sentimental Sundays challenge, hope to see you again very soon.

Victoria DT