It's A Boy!

Thursday, April 3, 2014

 Hi there! I'm down to the wire on the Viva la Verve Sketch Challenge this month, and I still have another card to post for it, so I'll be very brief.
This is a new baby card for a boy. I used the colors of the dp to guide me in choosing all the other colors and elements. I colored the word, "boy," with Prismacolor pencils. The cluster of embellies is made up of a flattened bottle cap, some gears, flags, and a "baby" zipper pull. The "dirty" gear was die cut from kraft cs, then heat embossed with silver ep. To achieve the rusted/dirty look on the gear, I inked up just a portion of the silver embossed gear with Versamark, then I sprinkled Distress EP on one edge of the gear.
The inside.

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:

Thanks for stopping by, and enjoy the rest of your week!

~Hugs,

Supplies Used:

Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.

7 comments :

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Oh my! This is so fun! Love all those gear embellishments.

Leslie Miller said...

Super cute, Cheryl! It just couldn't be better for a new baby boy. All those fun elements you added suggest things to come in the raising of a boy. I love it!

Unknown said...

What a fun card and a great design! Thank you for sharing with us at Open Minded Crafting Fun, Amy A.,DT

Monika/Buzsy said...

Super cool card. Love the gears and the fun colors... the finished inside looks great. Thank you for playing along with us at Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge.

Conniecrafter said...

very cool layering of the papers, love the little feet and hand prints, I would love this for an older boy too!!

Meihsia Liu said...

What a fun and beautiful card! Love the pretty patterned papers you used. Those gear embellishments are fantastic. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

Marisa said...

Totally fun boy card!! Love it :) Thanks for playing along at The Curtain Call.