Psalm 84:11

Thursday, October 17, 2013


Hope you're having a great day! We've had rain here all day, but since I've been in my craft room most of the time, it hasn't bothered me one bit! For my card today, I used another Psalm stamp from Verve. This stamp is one that has been at Verve for several years, but I just recently saw it here and loved it! Stunning, isn't it? While my card isn't nearly as luscious as Tosh's card, I was pleased with how it turned out.
The supplies I used are at the bottom of the post, and it's pretty easy to see what I did, so I won't go into too much detail. On the b&w dp, I used Copic markers and added small gold and teal accents. The Award Banner die cut was made with white textured cs. I colored it with Peacock Feathers and Scattered Straw Distress Inks (the green is where the two colors mixed). For just a little more texture, I stamped a newsprint stamp on the banner with Black Soot Distress Ink. The sentiment panel is framed by two stacked corrugated frames. The bottom layer was painted with black acrylic, and the next layer was painted with metallic gold, black and teal paint. The word, "Sun," in the sentiment was colored with Copics, then I gave it sparkle with Diamond Stickles.
The two strips of b&w cs on the inside were from the negative die cut left over from cutting the Labels 7 panel for the front.

Thanks for stopping by today!

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Mojo Monday 315
Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge: Gorgeous Gourds

~Hugs,
 
Supplies:



Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.

8 comments :

Maria said...

Gorgeous card, Cheryl! Beautiful colors and layers! Love the glitter on the verse, so pretty!

Greta said...

Absolutely wonderful card!

Peanut said...

What a stunning card, Cheryl! I absolutely love that verse - how true! Thank you for stopping by.
xxx Asha - Sunny Summer Crafts

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is so gorgeous! Love the colors and shimmer!

Jessi Fogan said...

LOVE these colours together - the sunburst in the background couldn't be more fitting!

Sue Lelli said...

BEAUTIFUL sentiment! LOVE how you did the SUN! FAB colors and black epoxy rhinestones! LOVE this, Cheryl!

Stacey Schafer said...

gorgeous card! thanks so much for playing along at the Curtain Call!

Conniecrafter said...

Wow that is so pretty, just love that color combo and such a cool border really gives it a great look!