Groovy

Thursday, October 10, 2013


The Mojo Monday sketch this week was just right for one of the new Verve stamp sets I got with my Viva la Verve winnings recently. The "groovy" sentiment in the Surely Goodness set makes me a little nostalgic for the 60's. :)
The seam binding was dyed with Distress Reinkers, and the white faux stitches were made with a new pen I picked up yesterday--a Montana Acrylic Paint Marker. I think I've finally got a white opaque marker that will actually work! Yay!

I did some masking and stamped a few of the flowers from the Surely Goodness stamp set, then colored them with Copics. The inside sentiment is from a Hero Arts set.

I'll be back later today with another Flourishes card using the brand new Handmade Snowflakes set.

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Mojo Monday #314
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge: Use a Rubber or a Clear Stamp

~Hugs,
 
Supplies:


Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.

7 comments :

Lyn said...

Wow what an impact that card has......love every aspect of it!!!

Maria said...

Gorgeous card inside and out, Cheryl! Love the design, lovely colors, and sweet little charm!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is such a cool card. So many wonderful details and I especially love the sponged edges in combination with the black matting. Makes everything so cozy looking!

Laura Sterckx said...

Wonderful card! I love the gorgeous patterns on the outside, the v-shaped banner and the sentiment! The inside looks great as well! :)
Thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge Blog!

Julia said...

beautiful!

Jessi Fogan said...

White opaque marker that works! (make note to self - that's the Holy Craft Grail, lol) Love the seam binding & the fabulous faux & stitched details!

Conniecrafter said...

fun sentiment, love your shading around and great layering!