Violas

Saturday, June 1, 2013

I think this will be my last post today...I've been on a roll, CASEing Cindy over at Flourishes! :) I just love the look of her Botanical Bookplate card, and now I've got a little gift set for someone!


The only changes to this card from the previous two are that I used a strip of rhinestones at the top of the dp, used a different punch and embossing folder, and I stamped a bit of script text randomly across the dp in Vintage Photo ink. It just seemed too plain without it--maybe because the ribbons aren't as prominent on this card. The base ribbon is a shear white organza, and the top ribbon is a thin velvet.

And, contrary to my usual MO, I left the inside clean. It just seemed like the right thing to do on this one, ya know. ;)

Thanks for stopping by, and enjoy the rest of your weekend!

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Flourishes Designer Focus CASE Challenge: CASE Cindy
Simon Says Stamp Challenge: Anything Goes

~Hugs,

 
Stamps: Botanical Bookplates Vol. 1, With Gratitude (Flourishes); Miss Caroline (My Mind's Eye); Avignon (7Gypsies)
Paper: Abrianna (K&Co)
Ink: Copics; Memento; Distress
Dies: Tailer-Made Classic Bookplate Template Die (Flourishes)
Accessories: Abstract Flower edge punch (EKSuccess); Decorative Tile Set embossing folder (Cuttlebug); Velvet ribbon; Organza ribbon; rhinestones; Pearl Pen
Size: 3.5" x 5.5"
Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.

5 comments :

Conniecrafter said...

very pretty coloring, love your random stamping on the background, pretty embossing and border!

Sarah J Moerman said...

Beautiful card! Gorgeous image and wonderful details! Thanks for joining us for the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!

Sue Lelli said...

THIS card is so PRETTY, Cheryl! LOVE you coloring and the embossing and your lacy edge!

Heather said...

A beautiful card, a wonderful colour scheme and such a beautifully colour gorgeous image!!

Thanks so much for joining Simon Says Stamp challenge
hugs
Heather xx

Cindy Lawrence said...

Goodness, girl, you have made a fabulous set of of these Botanical Bookplates cards! I love the way you stamped the sentiment all over the background...really does add so much to it! Amazing work, as always! Thanks again for casing me! :)