Pears...A CASE

Sunday, May 26, 2013

I tried my hand at a bit of watercoloring today, using my Distress Ink Reinkers. Flourishes is having a CASE challenge, to CASE one of Christine Okken's cards, and I absolutely love the Old Tea Rose card she watercolored with reinkers a few weeks ago, so I checked her blog, and since she had explained how she painted it, I decided to give it a try, myself.
The Pears stamp set from Flourishes is one of my all-time favorite stamp sets, and it seemed perfect for a watercolor project. I used the Week 4 Viva la Verve Sketch for the card since it has a nice, big panel to work with, but I turned it upside down because I didn't want to cover my pears up with the horizontal strip (or in my case, ribbon) that stretches across the card. I watercolored the image, without worrying too much about the ink bleeding, and I colored the bg with Peacock Feathers reinker, simply because I love that color with green. Then, just as Christine did on her card, I flicked color over the image, and distressed the edges, both with ink and with my Distrezz-It-All. She did some sewing, and added buttons with jute twine, so I followed her lead. As I was working on this, I wasn't too sure it was going to work out, but once everything was dry and put together, I loved it! I can't wait to try watercoloring again! :)

On the inside, I stamped a smaller image from the Pears set, added a scalloped dp for some color, and sewed a strip of the green cs over the join.

Thanks for stopping by, and enjoy the rest of your weekend!

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Viva la Verve May 2013 Week 4 Sketch Challenge
Flourishes Friday Focus CASE Challenge: CASE Christine
Simon Says Stamp & Show: Favorite Ink (mine is Distress Ink)

~Hugs,

 
Stamps: Pears (Flourishes)
Paper: Watercolor paper; Que Sera Sera (K&Co)
Ink: Distress Ink pads & reinkers; Versafine
Dies: A2 Matting Basics
Accessories: Diamond Lace Edger (EK Success); ribbon; jute twine; buttons; sewing thread
Size: A2 (4.25" x 5.5")
Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.

5 comments :

Heather Rogers said...

Beautiful job Cheryl! I love your water colored look. The twine in your buttons give this a nice rustic feel. :)

Stacy Morgan said...

Cheryl I think it turned out beautiful! Very rugged sorta feel with the twine/ribbon and great stitching.

Tracey said...

GORGEous!! WOw awesome colouring! Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show :)

ChristineCreations said...

This is awesome Cheryl! Thanks so much for the honor of CASEing me! I love that you tried this water colouring too - it looks great. Very rich and rustic. I love these pears too!

Thanks so much for playing along!

Leslie Miller said...

You did a beautiful job with your watercoloring! This stamp set is a favorite of mine, too. Gorgeous card!