Blue Snowdrops

Friday, May 31, 2013

I'm really enjoying learning a little about the designers over at Flourishes. This week the focus is on Cindy Lawrence, and if you haven't already read about her, you should head over to the Flourishes blog and at least read her "random facts" at the end of the interview. She has lead an interesting life, to say the least, and is quite the world traveler. I haven't traveled around much, but I did once have an experience similar to one of hers: I once drove my car into the side of a Dairy Queen. ;)  (Also, like Cindy, I'm an excellent driver...I think that little mishap occurred in 1976--when I was learning to drive!)
For the CASE Cindy Challenge, I chose this card here. I've always liked the way she layers ribbons and borders. I copied her card very closely, using different, but similar elements. I even dyed my braided trim with a Copic marker, like she did. ;) I'd never have thought to do that, but it works like a charm. I used a Pearl Pen for my pearls and chose to do some stitching with my machine, rather than faux stitching.


I don't like leaving the inside of my cards completely bare, but I didn't want anything at the bottom to show through the punched border on the front of the card, either. So, I went simple, with just a top and bottom scallop from the same dp as the front of the card, and a few Pearl Pen pearls.

Thanks for stopping by, and have a great weekend!

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Flourishes Designer Focus CASE Challenge: CASE Cindy
Simon Says Stamp Challenge: Anything Goes

~Hugs,

 
Stamps: Botanical Bookplates Vol. 1 & 2 (Flourishes)
Paper: Best of K&Co
Ink: Copics; Memento; Distress
Dies: Tailor-Made Classic Bookplate Template Die (Flourishes/Spellbinders)
Accessories: Garden Rail Edge Punch (Martha Stewart); Bracket Edge Punch (EK Success); Woven embossing folder (Lifestyle Crafts); grosgrain ribbon; sheer ribbon; braided trim; Pearl Pen; Scor-Tape; sewing thread
Size: 3.5" x 5.5"
Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.

7 comments :

Debbie said...

This is gorgeous, Cheryl!! Love that image and your coloring!

Ryoma Sakamoto.Japan said...


Very nice card :) :) :)
Design, flower, color.
All beautiful.
Japan is the rainy season.
Ryoma Sakamoto. XOX






debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card, what a fab floral image and love the papers.

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp challenge.

luv
Debby

stampqueen said...

Beautiful card!!!

Laurel Beard said...

HOW BEAUTIFUL!!
Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp challenge!

Jessi Fogan said...

I am just in LOVE with this stunning combination of colours, Cheryl! I love it!

Cindy Lawrence said...

Absolutely STUNNING, Cheryl! Thank you so much for casing my card, and for your sweet words! :) {{{hugs}}}