Bloom & Grow & Newton

Monday, May 27, 2013

Happy Memorial Day! I was in a Happy Place when I made this sweet card. ;)

The image is colored with Copics, and I used Copic Colorless Blending Solution and a terry cloth rag to give Newton a little texture. The frame is a Verve die cut that was left over from a card I made last week. I painted it with silver acrylic paint and added silver Stickles to it.
You can see the layers a little better in this photo. For this month's Verve's Diva Dare, I used striped dp, and I also embossed diagonal stripes in the green cs.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Viva la Verve May 2013 Week 2 Sketch Challenge
Verve Stamps: Stars & Stripes May 2013 Diva Dare

~Hugs,
 
Stamps: Bloom & Grow (Verve); Plant digital stamp (Newton's Law)
Paper: Greenhouse (K&Co)
Ink: Copics; Distress Ink; Colorbox; Versamark 
Dies: Blosson, Big Scalloped Ovals Lg (Spellbinders); Rounded Scalloped Frame die (Verve)
Accessories: Edge punch (Recollections); Diagonals Texturz Plate (Sizzix); ribbon; acrylic paint (Adirondack); pearls; Stickles; 3-D glue dots (Zots); sewing thread
Size: A2 (4.25" x 5.5")
Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.

5 comments :

Marisa said...

Adorable image and wonderfully coloured. Love the punch you used on the green. Thanks for joining us for htis month's Diva Dare.

Conniecrafter said...

very sweet, love the texture that the bear has and the neat border punch!

Jessi Fogan said...

Absolutely adorable!!! I LOVE how cute that bear is, and my goodness, such fab texture :)

Leslie Miller said...

These Newton bears are so cute! Love the out of the box image and your border. Sweetness!

Teresa Kline said...

this is adorable!

enjoy *~*