I Heart You

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Hi Friends! Valentine's Day is just a few days away, and I still need to make a couple more cards. Here's one in a non-traditional color scheme.
All the dp on this card is digital, from Design House Digital. If you haven't been to their site yet, you should, even if you think you wouldn't like to use digital paper. I've found that the trick to printing them is to increase the saturation and lighten it up a bit first. Don't get me wrong, I love paper packs. But, it is so convenient, when I need something specific, to just go online and download a digi paper pack instantly. And most of the digi paper I have was free or just $1! If you sign up for Design House Digital emails, you'll get links to free paper packs quite often (I think once a week), and they aren't the crummy designs that no one wants to buy...they are fab designs! What I really like about digi paper, is that if I like a particular design, I can print it unlimited times. No need to worry about using the last sheet in the pack. :) And, no, DHD isn't sponsoring this post, I just really like their product.

Now, on to the card. The layout is from this week's Mojo Monday 279 sketch. I added a few elements, such as the photo corner and heart, but mostly kept to the sketch. The border at the bottom of the card is a Bracket border punch. I had a tough time sewing along the edge of it, but I think it turned out ok. ;) The "I Heart You" sentiment is from one of the sets I won from Flourishes recently.
The photo corner is a Sizzix die, which I covered in Glossy Accents.

The heart is a new Spellbinders die from Heartfelt Creations that I got at the convention last weekend. I've been dying to try it out. After cutting the lattice heart out of pink dp, I also cut a solid heart from the same green as the bg. The pearls are a cream Pearl Pen, although they appear pink, I think because of the reflection of the pink paper. All that sparkle on the flowers is Stickles.
I LOVE the tartan dp, and since most of it is covered up on the front of the card, I wanted it to be prominent on the inside. Isn't it gorgeous? The corners of the tartan dp were created using the same Bracket punch as the bottom border. The rose and "Happy Valentine's Day" stamps were from another stamp set that I won from Flourishes (I won the entire month's release...Yay!).

To created the highlighted look on the Happy Valentine's stamp, I first embossed the sentiment with a lettuce green embossing powder, then stamped over that with black Staz-On ink, offsetting it a bit from the green.

I hope to get at least one more Valentine's Day card made today. Although, I'm not sure that's going to happen, I do have another mini card that I will post tonight. So, until then, thanks for stopping by, and enjoy the rest of your weekend!

I'll be entering this card in the following challenges:
Design House Digital Valentine's Day Card Contest: Romantic Hybrid Card
Mojo Monday 279 Sketch Challenge
Simon Says Stamp Challenge: Have a Heart

~Hugs

 
Stamps: Inside & Out You, Roses Are Red (Flourishes); Simply You (Ali Edwards)
Paper: Tartan Delight by Vanessa Fenton, Me & Mine by Mary Moseley, A Little Beachy by Sarah Sullivan, Notions-Blue & Co by Jen Allyson, Henri by Diane Ramsey (all papers are digital from Design House Digital)
Ink: Distress, Memento
Dies: Labels Twenty-Five, Labels Eighteen, Labels Three, Classic Ovals Lg, Timeless Amour (Spellbinders); Photo Corners (Sizzix)
Accessories: Bracket edge punch (EK Success); Adirondack Embossing Powder; Glossy Accents; Pearl Pen; Stickles; ribbon; rhinestones; flowers; sewing thread; foam dots
Size: A2 (4.25" x 5.5")
Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.

4 comments :

Laurel Beard said...

Look at all the detail and texture! This is great!

Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp challenge!

Maria said...

So so pretty, Cheryl! Love the lattice heart and how you accented with the pearl pen! Gorgeous ribbon and cluster of flowers, too! It all makes for the perfect Valentine card inside and out! Take care, hugs!

Heather Rogers said...

Beautiful Cheryl! I love purple and there just isn't enough of it out there. :)

Hugs~

debby4000 said...

Love your gorgeous heart card Cheryl beautiful details.

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp challenge.

luv
Debby