Birthday Wishes!

Friday, August 31, 2012

Hi Friends! Ready for the long Labor Day weekend? I hope whatever you have planned (or don't), you have a great one!
My card today is a girly birthday card. I was the weekly winner in the TCP Tuesday 221 Challenge and got myself the cutest stamps and die, and I've been itching to use them ever since they arrived. I'll have to work on stamping straight, but aren't these "stamps" adorable?



And, look, they worked for the TCP Tuesday 225 Sketch Challenge perfectly, when I turned it on its side!

I used the Die-namics Mini Royal Roses dies for the flowers. The burlap was scrap from another project. I just rolled it into a cone and stapled it together at the bottom, then tied twine around it.

It is nearly impossible for me to leave the inside of my cards completely void of some kind of decor, even if it's just something simple. The sentiment is from the dollar bin at Joann's (or maybe it was Michael's)--either way, it was a bargain.

I'll be back tomorrow with the last of the nursery wall hangings I've been working on for my nieces and nephews. Until then....

Thanks for stopping by and have a great night!

I'd like to enter this in the following challenges:
TCP Tuesday 225 Sketch Challenge
Stamptacular Sunday Challenge #178: Roses & Ribbons
Color Throwdown CTD207
Cute Card Thursday #232: A Stitch in Time
Party Time Tuesday #83: Anything Goes
The Shabby Tea Room #129: Summer Cottage
Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge #154: Use Punches, Dies, or Shapes

~Hugs,

 
Stamps: Commemorating You (TCP Stamps); Birthday sentiment (Studio G)
Paper: Vintage Marketplace (Bazzill Basics); Rosy (My Mind's Eye); Shine-digital paper (Karen Funk for Design House Digital); The Basics Stack (Paper Studio)
Ink: Memento; Distress Ink
Dies: Stamp Trio Cut Ups Die (TCP Stamps); Die-namics Mini Royal Roses (MFT Stamps); Classic Scalloped Rectangles Lg (Spellbinders)
Accessories: Scallop Dot edge punch (Martha Stewart); velvet ribbon; pearls; burlap; twine; sewing thread
Size: A2 (4.25" x 5.5")
Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.

9 comments :

Marie said...

Lovely card, Cheryl. Super cute stamps and I especially love that color combo and those rolled flowers.

Amy Sheffer said...

Amazing, Cheryl! You've given me a whole new way to look at the sketch! Love how you incorporated the stamp trio die and the Commemorating You images in there. And that flower cluster is fabulous!

Wanda Cullen said...

Your rolled roses are gorgeous and I'm loving the touch of burlap! Thanks for playing along at Color Throwdown!

Jessi Fogan said...

I love the rolled burlap - so many fabulous elements, and yet that's totally the sketch! I love the pink stitching too :)

Candace said...

Gorgeous card! LOVE the touch of burlap!! Thanks for playing along with us at Stampin' Sisters in Christ! :)

Deb said...

beautiful card, love the details!

Many thanks for joining in the
♥Cute Card Thursday Challenge♥
this week! Debxx

Melissa Craig said...

Beautiful! The rolled flowers are perfect, I love this card.

You know, I think we should share felt. I have rose and lavendar. We could split it.

Stacy Morgan said...

Very warm and cozy feeling. Your rolled flowers and that touch of burlap is awesome. Beautiful.

Stampalicious said...

gorgeous card, love the flowers, thank you for joining our challenge at Stamptacular Sunday, hugs, martina