Our Craft Lounge--April Artist of the Month: And a Little Flower

Monday, April 30, 2012

Hi Friends, and Happy Monday to You!!! I've certainly been loving my Monday's this past month, but sadly, this is Week 5 of the Our Craft Lounge April Artist of the Month series, which means it's my last week there. :( And, here's my final AOM card:

To make this card, I used the May 2012 Week 1 Viva la Verve Sketch, turning it for a vertical cardbase. I sponged the edges of all the pieces with black Distress Ink and matted them on black cs. On the bg layer, I stamped a flourish and dot pattern from the In Flight stamp set.




I absolutely love all the stamps in the In Flight stamp set, but this is my favorite one. All those curlicues and ruffly wings feel so feminine. I stamped the butterfly on the Labels One panel, and again on another piece of white cs. I colored both butterflies, then fussy cut the extra one and glued the body of it to the other butterfly on the Labels One panel. I used black rhinestones for the head and antennae.

Here's the inside:

I used more of the black and white ribbon on the inside of the card and stamped another pretty flourish from the In Flight stamp set at the bottom.

Thanks, again, Kendra, Cami, and the entire Our Craft Lounge DT, for letting me join you this month. It was truly a fantastic experience!

And, thanks, to you, for stopping by. Have a fab week!

I'll be entering this card in the following challenges:

~Hugs,
 
Stamps: In Flight (Our Craft Lounge)
Paper: Out of Print (Basic Grey)
Ink: Distress Ink; Memento; Copics
Dies: Labels One (Spellbinders)
Accessories: Rhinestones; ribbon (Taylored Expressions); flower (Recollections)
Size: A2 (4.25" x 5.5")
Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.

14 comments :

Jessi Fogan said...

I adore the colours of your butterfly - simply stunning! And the rose is the perfect embellishment :)

Audrey Pettit said...

This is beautiful, Cheryl! Love what you did with that butterfly! And love the ribbon wrap with the flower, too. Really pretty!

Unknown said...

Thanks for joining us at Emergency Crafters, such a striking card. Best of luck, Jax

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous card, inside and out, Cheryl! Love the colors and images! Fantastic design with the sketch!

Mau xx said...

So pretty, Love your butterfly and the flower/ribbon detail
Thanks for sharing with MAWTT
Mau x

Cindy Haffner said...

Cheryl this is STUNNING!!~

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful card Cheryl! Love the mix of colors! Thanks for joining along with FTTC :)

Amanda said...

What a beautifully stunning card! I love your colors and coloring! And the bling is just perfect :)

Thank you for joining us in Flourishes Timeless Tuesday!

~ Amanda :)

Heather Rogers said...

So pretty Cheryl! Love the butterfly. Thanks for playing at FTTC. :)

Hugs~

Silke Ledlow said...

Cheryl this is a beauty! Hugs ~S~

Shelby said...

Beautiful! Love the butterfly and the crystals and the dot pattern on the paper is actually one of the first things I noticed...fantastic.

Shelby

Judith said...

Love this card the swirl next to the flower, the colour the butterfly .... all beautiful thanks for playing along at MAWTT this week hugs Judith xx

Unknown said...

Just a fabulous card, Cheryl. I love the colors, the sentiment, and all your fabulous details:) Thanks for popping by my blog!

Janiel/ janny said...

Stunning card!

Thanks for playing along with us at Little Darlings.
hugs, Janiel