Dream Journal

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Hi there, Friends! I've got a cute, simple project to share with you today. It's a blank notebook from Michael's dollar bin that I gussied up with a little country flair. I used the My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club #61 sketch, the theme from Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge #158: "Country Comfort," the ingredients and theme of "Take Note" from the Taylored Expressions February Key Ingredients Kit Challenge, and a torn layer for the Tuesday Throwdown #87 Challenge: Paper Tearing.

















This is my first Key Ingredients kit and I wasn't sure what to expect, but I LOVE it! It's so great to have everything already color coordinated. Everything on this project came from the kit except for the dark brown cs, a Pearl Pen, and the metal embellies on the corners.
The stamp is from the Taylored Expressions Vintage Dreamer set (you can find the set on the same page as the Kit Club subscription information. I think you can still get the stamp set right now for half-off if you are a Key Ingredient Kit Club subscriber. I inked the stamp with several colors of Distress Ink, using sponge daubers, the added Pearl Pen dots and Stickles just on the rose image. I also stamped another image from the set (a floral motif) in the lower right corner of the gingham paper. The brown cs behind the image was embossed with a Woodgrain embossing folder and I tore the edges to give it a more rustic feel. I adhered all the pearls and metal embellies with Glossy Accents to make sure they stay on.

This is so much cuter than it was before I covered it, and no more difficult than making a card! :)

Well, time to head out to the car rider line. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today!

~Hugs,
 
Stamps: Vintage Dreamer (Taylored Expressions)
Paper: Lost & Found Two (My Mind's Eye); Watermelon CS (Taylored Expressions)
Ink: Distress Ink; Memento
Accessories: Woodgrain embossing folder (Sizzix); pearls (Want 2 Scrap); Flora & Fauna Metal Accents (K&Co); Stickles; Pearl Pen; sewing thread
Size: 5.25" square
Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.

8 comments :

Audrey Pettit said...

Adorable journal, Cheryl! I really like the papers and colors and all the yummy stitching. The nail heads in the corners and the bits of doodling really caught my eye, too.

Marie said...

What a spectacular notebook, Cheryl. Love the whole distressed feel to this project. Did you remove the metal spiral before decorating the cover?

Heather Rogers said...

So pretty Cheryl. You did a wonderful job altering the notebook. Thanks for playing at FTTC. :)
Hugs~

Melissa Craig said...

So I was justing posting a little something on the DT blog when this cool photo caught my eye. Very pretty journal. I don't know what a Key Ingredients thing is, but it sounds really cool and very inspiring.

Pauline said...

Wow, what a stunning journal! Gorgeous rich colours, wonderful stitching and distressing, just beautiful!

Conniecrafter said...

Great design, love your corners and the stitched piece under your Title!

Shannon White said...

Oh this is So Pretty Miss Cheryl! Love your Altered Journal! The distressed dp's and stitching are just Wonderful! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Taylor said...

Very cool! I love all the distressing and detail you put into the image panel!