Big Love

Friday, February 10, 2012


Happy Friday, Friends! It's another Noon Time Challenge at Flourishes: You've Been Framed (FLLCFEBRW2). You have to use a frame in some way on your card or project. I had a ball making this card.


I love distressed cards--the more distressed, the better. So, for my "frame" I cut a Fleur de Lis Rectangle die cut from kraft cs, then cut a rectangle out of that. I sponged Walnut Stain Distress Ink on the frame, then spritzed Gold Shimmer Spritz lightly over it. The pearls in the corners are Pearl Pen pearls. Then, I took the rectangle that had been cut out of the middle of the frame, spread a thin layer of glue over it, and sprinkled Ultra Fine Flower Soft all over it (another purchase at the stamp convention last weekend).


To assemble it, I adhered the Flower Soft die cut to the front of the card, then tilted the frame over that slightly, gluing the corners so that the sides slightly bowed up. I left the upper corner of the frame completely loose. I colored the rose heart with Copics and added just a tiny bit of glitter to it. Then, I put foam dots on the upper right corner of the heart and glue on the left side and bottom of the heart, tucked the left hand side of the heart under the frame and the right hand side slightly over the edge of the frame. My thought was that the heart had so much love that it couldn't be contained in the frame. :)

In the lower right corner, I tore the dp a little, inked up the edge and underneath, curled it slightly, then did some stitching. In this photo, you can see the "cross stitches" on the right hand side of the card, and straight stitching on the bottom edge.

I also purposefully left the upper right corner unsewed and left long threads hanging, then I curled the corner back to give the card a worn look.

The Love sentiment was stamped on a strip of floral dp, using a glue pad, then I sprinkled glitter over it. I adhered that strip to a tag from the Spellbinders Fancy Tags Two set and put two small gold pearls at the top and bottom of the tag. The lower corner looked a little bare, so I hot glued two buttons in that area.

Here's a look at the inside:

Isn't the font used for the sentiment gorgeous! I think of this card as a Valentine's Day card, but it really could be for just about anything to do with love, don't you think?

Thanks for stopping by my blog, and have a wonderful weekend!

~Hugs,
 
Stamps: Hearts & Flowers, Lace Heart (Flourishes)
Paper: Kissing Booth (Basic Grey)
Ink: Memento; Copic markers; Distress Ink
Dies: Classic Rectangle, Fleur de Lis Rectangle; Fancy Tags Two (Spellbinders)
Accessories: Paper Lace II embossing folder (Cuttlebug); pearls; button; twine (The Twinery); sewing thread; foam dots; glitter (Martha Stewart); Pearl Pen; Shimmer Spritz; Ultra Fine Flower Soft
Size: A2 (4.25" x 5.5")
Thanks for visiting my blog!
To have Ink Up delivered to your inbox,
subscribe in the box at the top right of the page.

7 comments :

Audrey Pettit said...

Oh wow, this is SO fabulous Cheryl! So much to look at! Love your frame and love how you used the flower soft, too.

Carla S. said...

Stunning card, Cheryl! I love the rich colors and shabby chic style! Gorgeous details!

Anonymous said...

Oh My! This is amazing, I could never create anything this fantastic, all those gorgeous layers and bold colours, Love it!!!

stampqueen said...

Awesome card!!! Love all the layers and textures!!!! And the stitching - love the way you did the cross stitch...I almost never stitch on my cards....

Marie said...

Great distressed card, Cheryl. Love the frame that couldn't contain all the love. How super creative.

Theresa said...

What a beautiful card! Wow there's so many fabulous elements to adore. Absolutely stunning friend.

Stacy Morgan said...

Lovely card, great elements and I adore this heart. Thanks for playing in Flourishes Challenge.